Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
- Provide students with the opportunity to start training in a skilled trade while completing the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma;
- Enable students to make the school to work transition by direct entry into apprenticeship training;
- Provide employers with the opportunity to train the skilled workers they require;
- Provide a viable solution to address the problem of skilled tradespeople shortages in general, and specifically the lack of young people joining the trades.
- Must be 16 or older
- Must have 16 secondary credits
Levels: Must be “credit ready” (i.e. demonstrate grade 9 level academic proficiency or higher) as defined by the service delivery math and English intake assessments.
Cost: Fees are dependent on service delivery site policy (tuition is not charged for credit courses, but refundable materials and other administrative fees may be charged; see links below for details)