Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program
A person can get apprenticeship training while earning a college diploma.
Individuals who want to register for the Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship Program must meet all eligibility criteria for both the college diploma program as well as the apprenticeship training.
Typical requirements include:
- OSSD or equivalent; or mature student status
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U)
- Must meet the English Language Proficiency requirements of the college
- Grade 12 Mathematics
Cost: Fees vary by program, but they are comparable to most full-time college program fees. Additional costs may be incurred for textbook, safety equipment and tools. Financial Assistance in the form of OSAP, grants and scholarship may be available for qualified applicants.
Delivering Agencies: Colleges
Applying to the Program:
Individuals must apply directly to the college and meet all program requirements. At a certain point in their program, they may need to be registered as an apprentice with MTCU.
Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship offered by Colleges in Toronto and York Region:Centennial College
- Automotive Service Technician Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship (partnered with Chrysler Canada Inc.)
- Automotive Service Technician Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship (partnered with TADA)
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Co-op Apprenticeship)
- Truck and Coach Technician (Co-op Apprenticeship)
- Early Childhood Education (Co-op Apprenticeship Diploma)
- Culinary Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship
- Culinary or Baking Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship