University (Credentials)

Note: This chart offers some common pathways to the goal, but is not exhaustive. Other pathways may be possible.

Standardized English Language Proficiency Tests for Entry into College or University

For applicants whose mother tongue is not English, proof of English proficiency is usually required by the college or university. Each postsecondary institution sets the levels required.

The following language tests are often accepted by most postsecondary institutions:

Some postsecondary programs administer may also administer their own language assessment before accepting students into full-time programs. Consult the program.

For more information on the above tests: